WATCH : Hotel CCTV Footage Of Zimbabwe’s First Lady Leaks

SOUTH AFRICA, Tshwane – Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Monday, condemned the conduct of Zimbabwe’s first lady Grace Mugabe, who allegedly assaulted a young woman in Sandton, Johannesburg.

Based on media reports and social media posts, President Robert Mugabe’s wife attacked the woman with an extension cord after finding her with her two sons. The woman suffered head injuries and bruises on her body. The first lady was in South Africa apparently to seek medical attention.

Earlier on Monday, the police ministry said allegations by the young Johannesburg woman, Gabriella Engels, who claims that Grace Mugabe assaulted her severely, are being handled by the department of international relations and cooperation (Dirco).

Approached for comment by African News Agency (ANA) spokesperson for the police ministry Vuyo Mhaga referred all questions regarding allegations of assault raised by 20-year-old Johannesburg woman, to the department of international relations.

“The case is being dealt with at Dirco. Just check with Dirco. There is nothing I can say at the moment,” Mhaga said in a telephone interview.

However, spokesperson for the department of international relations Nelson Kgwete said the matter was not their constituency.