Love her or hate her, she is definitely the lady of the moment on the entertainment spectrum. Although Zodwa is not a singer, an actress or television personality she remains one of the most popular people in South Africa. A lot of people didn’t know her name before she made an eye-catching entrance at this year’s edition of the annual horse race and fashion event. Know her more by reading the following 10 facts about her.
1. 32 year old Zodwa Rebecca Libram was born in Soweto and moved to Durban four years ago.
2. She was a collection agent at a debt collecting company but left the job after her socialite status took off.
3. Zodwa Wabantu is the leading dance lady of Eyadini Lounge, found in uMlazi, KwaZulu-Natal, and she has impressive dance moves.
4. Zodwa first became a sensation when pictures and videos of her dancing at Eyadini Lounge in Durban circled social media and she became an overnight star.
5. Her career has taken off in a big way and Afrotainment now handles her bookings, which start form R25k.
6. Zodwa has also been booked by international clients and has made friends in the industry such as DJ Tira
7. At the recent Durban July she wore a dress that had a slit going up to her hips, leaving nothing to the imagination as she walked, showing that wearing underwear was not the order of the day.
8. While everyone was calling her dress ‘sleazy’ or slamming her for showing too much skin, Zodwa Wabantu dedicated her controversial outfit to women everywhere.
9. She once dated Khanyi Mbau’s ex Mandla Mthembu, and she and Khanyi Mbau don’t seem to see eye to eye.
10. She is a proud mother of 11-year-old son Vuyo, who stays with her family in Soweto.