The senior leadership team of the Canadian banking giant Scotiabank has been updated with a number of new members following recent appointments.
They announced several key appointments in its senior leadership team:
- Aris Bogdaneris has been appointed to the newly created position of Group Head for Digital Transformation, Tangerine, Marketing, and Analytics. He will oversee Scotiabank’s digital banking arm, Tangerine, and lead global marketing, customer insights, data and analytics, and real estate. Mr. Bogdaneris previously served on ING’s management board.
- Paul Baroni, who has been with Scotiabank for over 22 years, has been appointed EVP, Finance, and Chief Financial Officer for its Canadian Banking business.
- Maria Theofilaktidis has been appointed EVP and Chief Auditor.
- Chris Manning is now EVP, Global Business Payments.
- Anique Asher has been appointed EVP, Finance, and Strategy, with an expanded role overseeing capital management.
- Jenny Poulos will become Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) and will take over as CHRO on December 4th, succeeding Barb Mason, who is set to retire after 41 years with the bank.
These appointments reflect Scotiabank’s commitment to strengthening its leadership team and its focus on digital transformation and growth.