The South African Premier League, officially known as the DStv Premiership, boasts 16 teams with some of the nation’s best soccer talents.
Let’s explore the careers and earnings of the highest-paid players in the league.
The DStv Premiership, previously known as the PSL, is South Africa’s premier men’s professional soccer league, showcasing 16 top-tier teams.
The league features elite soccer players, and the highest earners command substantial monthly salaries, ranging from millions to hundreds of SA Rand.
Top 10 Highest Paid Soccer Players in the DStv Premiership:
7. Sibusiso Vlakazi – $350,000/month
- Position: Attacking Midfielder for TS Galaxy
- International debut: October 12, 2013
- Previous affiliations: Mamelodi Sundowns, Bidvest Wits
6. Thapelo Morena – $400,000/month
- Role: Defender or Midfielder for Mamelodi Sundowns
- Career start: Bloemfontein Celtic FC
5. Ricardo Nascimento – $400,000/month
- Position: Defender for Royal AM FC
- Previous clubs: Palmeiras, Olé Brazil, Mamelodi Sundowns, Academica, Portimonense
4. Itumeleng Khune – $480,000/month
- Role: Goalkeeper for Kaizer Chiefs and the South African national team
- Fun fact: Part-time job as a plumber
3. Khama Billiat – $850,000/month
- Position: Midfielder for Kaiser Chiefs
- Career start: CAPS United FC in 2010
2. Samir Nurković – $930,000/month
- Position: Striker for Royal AM FC
- Previous clubs: Spartak Vrable, Pohloni, Kaiser Chiefs, Slovan Duslo Shauka
1. Keagan Dolly – $1.45 million/month
- Role: Attacking Midfielder for Kaizer Chiefs and the South African national team
- Keagan Dolly’s salary of R1.45m per month makes him the highest paid player in the PSL in 2023